Welcome to the Website of the Greater London Region of CAMRA - The Campaign for Real Ale
The Region covers the Branches of CAMRA operating in the Greater London area. If you go to the Links page, you will find information on all the Branches and how to contact them. Most social events in London are run at the Branch level but a number spread across the whole region and these will be featured in our Regional Diary page.
All Branches run regular social events and many run beer festivals which will be listed in the London Beer Festivals calendar section . We will also provide detail of pub festivals who support CAMRA by advertising in London Drinker magazine.
The magazine is published by the London Branches six times a year and is distributed to a large number of pubs in the Region. Further detail can be found on the London Drinker Magazine page.
London has loads of goods pubs to sample real ale and cider in. For more information, go to the London Pubs page.
London was once known as the capital of the world for beer with the exporting of its famous brews all around the globe. Today, although there are fewer breweries, London has recently seen a growth in the number of its small brewers, which is being embraced wholeheartedly by Londoners. But of course, London's reputation for fine pubs has always been there with some of the best in the UK to be found here; many have been places where history has been made.
CAMRA’s London branches are coordinating a campaign to showcase what we have on offer. The objective is to raise the profile of British beer and pubs during the summer starting in July, featuring the Ealing Beer Festival and including the Great British Beer Festival in August at Olympia. Click London City of Beer for lots of pub events and brewery open days and evenings across the Capital to create one great month of celebration - so why not join in for the occasion of a lifetime.
CAMRA is part of the European Beer Consumers Union, which is a consortium of beer consumer organisations across Europe. If you do not live in the UK, then why not consider joining one of CAMRA's sister organisations? For more information see http://www.ebcu.org/
National CAMRA News
- CAMRA Members Discount for Newbury’s Real Ale Raceday and JLT Lockinge Stakes
A pint of the best Great British ale in the ‘Crafty Filly’ and world class horse racing, what better combination? The Racecourse Newbury will host its most prestigious race of
- Fair Deal For Your Local: Time for Pubco Reform
We have a very real opportunity to help save the Great British pub. Your support secured the first cut in beer duty for 50 years now please join us and
- MPs and Lords raise a glass to CAMRA’s successes at Parliamentary Reception
On the 24th April, CAMRA held our annual Parliamentary Reception. The event was attended by Jo Swinson, Minister for Employment Relations and Consumer Affairs; Community Pubs Minister Brandon Lewis; Andrew
- Here's why you should List Your Local
Blog post first hosted by LGiU: http://www.lgiu.org.uk/2013/04/12/local-pubs-and-community-value/ High property values and planning laws mean that more and more pubs are being targeted for conversion into supermarkets, betting shops, and housing developments.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Friday, 13:50 : Last chance to win Cheddar Ales with the GBBG, up for grabs 6 cases until 19/5 when you order your GBBG http://t.co/ru1EGuHoUw #GBBG #CAMRA
- Friday, 13:40 : RT @TheLastZHN: & help save all tied pubs @ioh_online with the @camra_official http://t.co/ET6qcyQvLK campaign. #fairdeal4yourlocal Make a …
- Friday, 13:25 : RT @IoH_Online: Is your local pub under threat? @CAMRA_Official shows communities how to save a #pub. You CAN do it! http://t.co/uM6tGP0fMZ…
- Friday, 10:20 : #FF - @IBDTP Follow to keep up to date with the #Itsbetterdownthepub campaign which #CAMRA is backing!
- Friday, 10:18 : RT @KingGrimlock: A new certificate has arrived from @CAMRA_Official noting the historic importance of the pub. Thanks guys! http://t.co/xT…