Welcome to the Website of the Greater London Region of CAMRA - The Campaign for Real Ale
The Region covers the Branches of CAMRA operating in the Greater London area. If you go to the Links page, you will find information on all the Branches and how to contact them. Most social events in London are run at the Branch level but a number spread across the whole region and these will be featured in our Regional Diary page.
All Branches run regular social events and many run beer festivals which will be listed in the London Beer Festivals calendar section . We will also provide detail of pub festivals who support CAMRA by advertising in London Drinker magazine.
The magazine is published by the London Branches six times a year and is distributed to a large number of pubs in the Region. Further detail can be found on the London Drinker Magazine page.
London has loads of goods pubs to sample real ale and cider in. For more information, go to the London Pubs page.
London was once known as the capital of the world for beer with the exporting of its famous brews all around the globe. Today, although there are fewer breweries, London has recently seen a growth in the number of its small brewers, which is being embraced wholeheartedly by Londoners. But of course, London's reputation for fine pubs has always been there with some of the best in the UK to be found here; many have been places where history has been made.
CAMRA’s London branches are coordinating a campaign to showcase what we have on offer. The objective is to raise the profile of British beer and pubs during the summer starting in July, featuring the Ealing Beer Festival and including the Great British Beer Festival in August at Olympia. Click London City of Beer for lots of pub events and brewery open days and evenings across the Capital to create one great month of celebration - so why not join in for the occasion of a lifetime.
CAMRA is part of the European Beer Consumers Union, which is a consortium of beer consumer organisations across Europe. If you do not live in the UK, then why not consider joining one of CAMRA's sister organisations? For more information see http://www.ebcu.org/
National CAMRA News
- Autumn Statement 2013: Pub industry to benefit from business rate cut
Last Thursday George Osborne’s Autumn Statement revealed positive steps forward for the pub industry as the Chancellor announced a string of measures to ease business rate burden on pubs.
- It's time for pubcos to reassess their approach - by Mike Benner
This piece by Mike Benner, CAMRA's Chief Executive, first appeared in the Publican's Morning Advertiser. Campaigning activity on pubco reform has intensified as the Government’s decision grows near. CAMRA
- Over 200 MPs back CAMRA’s Pubco Reform campaign
A total of 201 MPs have pledged their support for our Fair Deal for Your Local campaign. Thanks to the commitment of 7715 CAMRA members who have lobbied their
- Please help CAMRA lobby Vince Cable to do the right thing on Pubco Reform
The Government is set to announce their response to the pubco reform consultation in a matter of weeks. Your support in getting us this far has made all the difference.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Thursday, 12:47 : RT @EricPickles: Congratulations to pub regulars @TheBraveNelson in successfully listing their Brentwood local bit.ly/Jhkj8y
- Thursday, 11:39 : RT @Lasercroft_Ltd: @CAMRA_Official We've just supplied @BrassCastleBeer with new brewhouse #flooring. Any chance of a RT http://t.co/7HVcc…
- Thursday, 11:31 : RT @RogerProtzBeer: Pubco pockets millions from sale of 2 London pubs: protzonbeer.co.uk/news/2013/12/1… @FairDeal4Locals @Lifelandlady @bearbrewing @…
- Thursday, 11:05 : Whats your favourite pub lunch? check out whatpub.com and find a gem near you! #whatpub #publunch
- Thursday, 09:32 : RT @sgloslibdems: Lib Dem motion on protecting community pubs, amended to mention @CAMRA_Official 's List Your Local campaign passes unanim…